Friday, February 29, 2008

Less active

We haven't been doing as much French this week, which is related to the reason my posts this week are fewer. It's not because the desire is not there. But daddy's away for three weeks, and we're staying at grandma and grandpa's house. Since my mom isn't so thrilled about us speaking French here, it's made it a bit more difficult to speak it as much as we normally would. It could be, too, that we're preoccupied with other things, and off our normal routine, so we're less inclined to think about it. I've noticed, for example, that I've been saying "Good night" and "I love you" at bedtime instead of "Bonne nuit" and "Je t'aime/Je vous aimez."
Another reason, likely, since I'm not preparing food in my own kitchen, I've not been inclined to listen to my own French lessons. We've been doing other things--sprinkling French throughout our day, but not as much, and I think it shows.

No comments: